[Beowulf] Re: Beowulf Digest, Vol 9, Issue 12

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Thu Nov 18 20:28:36 PST 2004

Hi Håkon,

Håkon Bugge wrote:
> The following systems are _not_ Myrinet systems:
>
> http://www.top500.org/sublist/System.php?id=6896
> http://www.top500.org/sublist/System.php?id=6895
>
> neither were their predecessors. This is exactly 100% of the Norwegian
> contribution on this years June list ;-)

I did a little investigation :-)

We shipped the corresponding hardware to HP almost 2 years ago and Sales
was told it was for Statoil and Norsk Hydro. We don't have further info
as HP was the interface with the end customer.

I have asked the Top500 team for a copy of the original submissions to
check who did it (I guess HP) and if there is any additional data and I
am waiting on it.

Would it be possible that they have/had a cluster that you don't know
about (aka did not run Scali) ?

Patrick
--

Patrick Geoffray