[Beowulf] how useful is bproc, and what does Scyld cost? (fwd)

Kaveh Moallemi kmoallem at scs.ryerson.ca
Thu May 27 18:32:22 PDT 2004

Hello,

I don't think that you should need to change distributions just to setup
bproc, I found the installation of bproc quite simple.  We have a small
educational cluster at school and we've been using bproc for several
months now.  It lends it self really well for a diskless setup and as a
bonus LAM/MPI can integrate with bproc so that MPI applications could also
run on top of it.  I think that you would be pleased with Bproc.

BTW, it took us less than a day to convert our "traditional" cluster into
a Bproc one.

Best of luck,

--

 Kaveh Moallemi