[Beowulf] (no subject)

Roger L. Smith roger at ERC.MsState.Edu
Fri May 21 15:24:22 PDT 2004

I have a visualization cluster that has four systems connected to the four
DVI inputs on an IBM T221 monitor.  Each system drives one quadrant of the
monitor.

I'd like to set things up such that a user only has to log into one of the
systems and then be able to display X applications on the other three
without having to manually log into the other three systems.

For example, the user logs into node1, then starts dmx and it controls all
four systems.

It doesn't matter to me if they would have to run a script that would ssh
onto the other nodes and start X or set authority keys or something on the
other nodes.

I'd like to keep some semblance of security in the process, but there
would be a fairly limited number of users needing this, and I am
potentially willing to grant them some sort of elevated privileges, if
necessary.

Does anyone have any ideas of a good way to do this?

| Roger L. Smith                        Phone: 662-325-3625               |
| Sr. Systems Administrator             FAX:   662-325-7692               |
| roger at ERC.MsState.Edu                 http://WWW.ERC.MsState.Edu/~roger |
|                       Mississippi State University                      |