[Beowulf] Bioinformatics Benchmark System v3 rc1 ready

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Mon Jul 12 07:57:25 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 13:55, Joe Landman wrote:
> Hi Jan:
>
> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 06:27, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> > It failed to run because of perl-dependencies on my ppc970 running
> > RHEL 3 AS...  Instead of fixing the problem (it's not directly on the
> > internet, so getting modules from CPAN is a problem)

> On the Perl modules, could you let me know which ones were not in the
> RHEL 3 AS on PPC?  I included a method to handle missing modules, though
> I don't know what this particular version of RHEL requires.

RHEL3 comes with very little in the way of perl modules. Getting it to
do anything is a pain. You either have to provide them all yourself or
insist on local admins using CPAN. I've had a whole lot of trouble
getting my perl scripts to run nicely RHEL as well as other Linux boxes
and solaris. Why dont we get Term::ReadKey, Net::LDAP, Net::SSLeay??

GREG
--
Greg Matthews
iTSS Wallingford	01491 692445