[Beowulf] looking for a switch to purchase

Michael R. Hines michael at beethovenweb.com
Wed Dec 15 19:31:26 PST 2004

Hi everyone,

         I'm a graduate student at Florida State University and I'm looking
to buy a basic, level 2  gigabit switch that supports jumbo frames. I only
need a few ports on this switch: no more than 16, really.

 From the searching on the internet I've been doing, I'm having trouble
understanding exactly how to eliminate the switches from different
companies. There are tons of them, and many of them have support for other
levels, ( 3 through 7), which I don't really need.

My price range is a maximum of $500.

Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is much appreciated.

Michael R. Hines
Graduate Student, Dept. Computer Science
Florida State University
Jusqu'à ce que le futur vienne........