[Beowulf] diskless cluster nfs

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Tue Dec 7 16:31:25 PST 2004

Hi Joshua,

> PS: nfs mount options: async,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard
>        file sizes: approx 2MB

better switch to tcp, its always suggested on the linux NFS mailinglist by the
kernel maintainers. So additionally give the mount option tcp.

Do you export async or sync (/etc/exports)? Its not importing for reading, but
exporting async may give much better write throughput. On the other hand it
might cause data loss on a server crash, but if one needs speed its often
neccessary.

Hope it helps,
 Bernd

PS: We are using a pretty nice diskless environment, probably with a
completely different approach than you are doing ;) Just replace ClusterNFS
by unfs3, I will update this howto over X-mas.

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie
e-mail: bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de