[Beowulf] Bcast or reduce?

Jack C jack at crepinc.com
Thu Aug 26 13:42:17 PDT 2004

Hey,

My project (as some of you may remember from my last post) is a prime finder,
basically just so that I can learn MPI. I've gotten to the point where it's
split up and runs great: the only thing left is that I'm testing each
number's divisibility agaist ALL the numbers between 2 and sqrt(number).
Obiously, this isn't needed.

What I need to do is have an array of integers full of my previously found
primes to test against. However, I'm having problems figuring out how to keep
this running tab updated on all the nodes.

Will MPI_Bcast or _reduce help? (just thought I'd through that out there...)

Thanks guys,

-Jack C
jack {at} crepinc.com
http://www.crepinc.com