[Beowulf] Threaded code

Camm Maguire camm at enhanced.com
Tue Aug 17 09:48:40 PDT 2004

Greetings!

In this regard, Debian has an intermediate atlas strategy.  Large
performance gains are attempted to be covered by distributed
precompiled binaries, the optimal version of which is automatically
loaded at runtime.  Smaller gains are left up to the user to custom
compile the package -- a convenient mechanism for this is provided.

There is currently a large base of software shipped with Debian which
can thus take advantage of atlas-supplied performance gains
dynamically at runtime, i.e. without recompilation.

Take care,

Camm Maguire			     			camm at enhanced.com