question about Intel P4 versus Alpha's

Dominic Wu dwu at swales.com
Fri Jan 10 09:53:21 PST 2003

Is HT anything more than a thinly-veiled attempt at luring more software
developers to develop multi-threaded applications so as to help Intel sell
more CPU in the future?  (I.E. the new fangled software that is optimized
for HT can really benefit from additional REAL processors instead of using
just HT?)