FW: xCAT Cluster Management SW?

Egan Ford egan at sense.net
Thu Jan 9 10:44:32 PST 2003

It's an extremely long story.  IANS:

1.  xCAT was/is written as a free "open source"-like cluster
management solution for IBM customers.  "open source"-like
refers to xCAT shipping with source.
2.  xcat.org was setup as an IBM customer peer community for support.
3.  xcat.org was shutdown because it did not follow IBM web
guidelines.
4.  xcat.org content moved to AW, with OSS parts of xCAT moved to USC.
5.  xcat.org now in compliance and will be up shortly.

xCAT is still freely available.

management tools?