Experience with SMC 8624T L2 switches and nics

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Thu Feb 27 09:59:35 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:48:35AM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Felix Rauch wrote:
>
> > In the paper we are mainly interested in bandwidth (not latency) and
> > examine a few different networks on our 128 node cluster "Xibalba" [1]:
>
> An offtopic question. A friend of mine is writing spiking neuronal network
> code, which are exquisitely sensitive to timing jitter and hate latency.

Indeed. One way to conduct such experimental simulations is to create a
virtualized, distributed time reference that is embedded in a distributed
application framework. This is a virtual simulation time and is completely
insensitive to real-time jitter and latency. Then your neuronal networks
triggering on differential delays are simulated based on this abstracted
time reference.

cheers,
Karen
--