tyan tiger i7501

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Sun Feb 23 09:53:34 PST 2003

With regards to your message at 10:01 AM 2/21/03,
beowulf-request at beowulf.org. Where you stated:
>It is, however, worthwhile to look for evidence, anecdotal or not, of
>problems with any given motherboard and CPU.  Even a better performing
>system gets less work done if it crashes all the time.  As in, the Tyan
>2460 motherboard...:-(
>
>    rgb
>
>--
>Robert G. Brown                        http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/

Fortunately, in the case discussed we are NOT talking about a 2460 with the
older MP chipset, but rather the 2466, with the newer and better MPX chipset.
But your point is true.
I am sure a few of you on this list at some time tried Intel boards with
the 820 chipset..
Or the newer i860 XEON board with RAMBUS.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3