Back-UPS garbage? (was: Quick survey -- UPSs on slave nodes?)

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman bropers at lsu.edu
Tue Feb 11 10:40:28 PST 2003

I have an APC 500 UPS at home, a biege-box w/ Pentium III @ 733 MHz, 1 GB RAM,
four internal IDE drives, DVD, and CD-RW. I also have my 21" ViewSonic monitor
plugged into the unit. I get a full 20 minutes of backup time. I actually have
the monitoring software wait a full 10 minutes before it starts shutdown
procedures. I've never had a problem.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman                        (225) 578-0461 (V)
Systems Administrator                 AIX      (225) 578-6400 (F)
Office of Computing Services       GNU Linux   brian at ropers-huilman.net
High Performance Computing            .*.      http://www.ropers-huilman.net/
Fred Frey Building, Rm. 201, E-1Q     /V\                          \o/
Louisiana State University           (/ \)           --  __o   /    |
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900           (   )          --- `\<,  /    `\\,