Gateway problems in beowulf cluster

Angelos Molfetas amolfetas at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 21:52:10 PST 2003

Thanks for the tips. I actually found what was wrong.  The
solution was really trivial, but it was a misleading
problem because my iptables script was working perfectly
when it was forwarding traffic between single NICs, but as
soon as I turned channel bonding on, it appeared not to be
work. Since I previously tested ch.bonding on both the
master node and the gateway, I thought that the problem was
with some OS inability to route traffic between the single
NIC and the ch.bond interface on the gateway. In reality
the gateway was working fine, but the master node could not
communicate with it. The problem was that the cluster nodes
were using eth0 as the gateway interface and not bond0.
After changing it to bond0, everything worked perfectly.

Regards,

Angelos

 --- Mark Andrew Smith <Mark at markandrewsmith.co.uk> wrote:
> From the beowulf, surely you should get the 'gateway'
> machine to use a
> masquerade option.  For example:-
>
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	insmod

/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_MASQUERADE.o