Problem with MPICH and Intel and PGI Compilers on Linux

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Feb 4 05:53:21 PST 2003

Hi Jeff:

  Going on some old memory here, but I seem to remember that the PG
compilers had a switch which allowed specific linking against GNU
libraries.  I presume that the Intel compiler has similar options.  My
initial guess is that there are ABI differences across the libraries.
 If you can set up a machinefile so as to run all the code in multiple
threads on a single machine, you might be able to see this (especially
if you attach a debugger to the process).

   The GNU linkage options at least get them speaking the same ABI
(hopefully, as there are differences between 2.96 and 3.x (x<2) and 3.x
(x>2).

    See if you can find those option for PG, and Intel.  Retry the
builds.  See if the error moves.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D