Beowulf & VMWare

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Wed Oct 30 11:27:15 PST 2002

Paul, I hope you read the list -- my direct email to you @okdhs.org failed.

> This solution seems to offer endless ideas of distributed processing and the
> ability to run multiple operating systems on a large clustered platform.

We've done that to a limited extent. The VM license was the main
limit, and we didn't have a customer requirement spend more time on it.

A more common thing to do is to run virtual cluster node in a VM-Ware
virtual machine, which works very well.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993