SMC 8624T 24-port 10/100/1000 switch

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Tue Nov 12 17:37:44 PST 2002

In the case of the HP 24-port unmanaged switch,
the manual is online but does not mention jumbo
frames. In that case, however, it is possible that
the only reason that it doesn't support them is
that they provide no way to enable or disable
them.

For the Dell the problem is in part that they don't
have real manuals easily accesible online. They
may or they may not.

We do have a definate yes jumbo for the SMC, at 9KB in
fact, so this adds further credence to the speculation.
that they are using the Broadcom.

I think it would be great if people who have these
boxes to pop them open and look at what chips are
inside, and then let us know...

--Bob