NAS

Omar Kilani ok at mailcall.com.au
Fri Jun 28 12:33:37 PDT 2002

Hi Martin,

There are lots of patches to deal with huge filesystems... The most recent
one I've read about was mentioned on LKML and is related to the Gelato
project at UNSW:

http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/~peterc/lfs.html

Use XFS and NFSv3 and you should be OK with that patch.
Using LVM may also be a good idea.

Reading LKML may also help... :-)

The Link on Large Systems foundary at SF may also be interesting:

http://large.foundries.sourceforge.net/

Hope that helps a little...

Regards,
Omar Kilani