PORTLAND COMPILERS

Doug Farley d.l.farley at larc.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 14 11:24:32 PDT 2002

Ivan,

I must say, the PGI compilers have provided a 20% speedup on some apps for
us, and we only have one licence on the master node.  However, if it was
not for PGI being the only PC compiler that supports Cray Pointers and our
users extremely legacy f77 code, I think we would use gcc only.  But i've
experienced no problems with just having the compiler on the master, and
using that binary on the compute nodes.  The only place I could see needing
it on more than just the master is if you don't have a homogenous cluster.

HTH,
Doug

Doug Farley

Data Analysis and Imaging Branch