LSF and Hyperthreading

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 19:40:40 PDT 2002

I've heard similar problems with LSF -- since Platform
Computing charges for LSF, they require a license
server to be running, 24x7. If your license server
crashes, then your LSF cluster is not usable :-(
(i.e. single point of failure!!!)

One of the reasons I did not choose LSF (besides the
high initial cost, and the support fee) was that I
don't want to have my cluster stops working because of
license server problems.

For your case, you can go to the Linux kernel source
and modify the code in the proc filesystem, make it
always return the number of real CPUs instead.

But of course this is not a long term solution --
better switch to GridEngine, or at least ask the L$F
guys to fix it for you.

-Ron