Max common block size, global array size on ia32

Chris Smith csmith at dreadnought.org
Tue Jul 23 19:51:38 PDT 2002

You're actually hitting the data segment limit, not the stack limit.

I brought the array declaration inside of main() in the C program to
force it to be allocated on the stack, bumped up the stack limit as you
did, and the program ran. Alternatively, you can use malloc() to
allocate this memory on the heap.

I tried bumping up the data segment limit (even though it was unlimited
already), but still had the seg fault. Maybe this is hard limit on the
way the process address space is carved up.

Sorry ... I don't know how to do the same kind of manipulation in
Fortran.

-- Chris