how many nodes are in your cluster?

Dan Sturtevant dsturtev at plogic.com
Sun Jul 7 15:35:09 PDT 2002

Replying to myself...

The obvious thing to do for price/preformance sake is to design with 2^m
nodes to fully utilize switches with 2^m ports.  With one of these nodes
as a head node (not a compute resource in the scheduler because user-
compilation/admin/file-serving on this node potentially eats its
resources) this leaves 2^m - 1 compute nodes.

Therefore, which is the better general case?

Again,
Dan