Basic question

Horatio B. Bogbindero wyy at admu.edu.ph
Tue Jan 22 01:42:23 PST 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:08:00PM +0530, Rahul Torvi wrote (wyy sez):

>  I m running a search server for our company on one of the server I have.
> This server is built using java. Can I set up a Beowulf cluster to run this
> search server so that I may get better results. If so what do I need to do.

of course, you can run you program in a beowulf cluster. but....
you have to recode it of course.

some options are using the Java bindings for LAM-MPI which will
make your coding simpler. or you can of course, user native
java RMI but it will be a wee bit harder.

--

William Emmanuel S. Yu

War spares not the brave, but the cowardly.
		-- Anacreon