bpcp question (Scyld)

Tony Stocker akostocker at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:23:56 PST 2002

Sick of me yet? :-)

Quick question regarding bpcp, if you want to run bpcp from a slave node and
copy back to the host node, how do you do it?  We'd like to run a script on
the slave nodes, and as its final command it would copy an output file back
to the host node.  We've tried a simple test but can't get it to work, see
sample command line below.  We do *not* want to run the bpcp from the host
node if at all possible.

Command line attempts:

bpsh 0 bpcp /dir/file -1:/dir
bpsh 0 bpcp /dir/file "-1":/dir
bpsh 0 bpcp /dir/file '-1':/dir
bpsh 0 bpcp /dir/file [-1]:/dir

None of these work, most return a response that says that -1 is not a valid
option.

By the way, I'd like to thank everyone for the help I've received so far,
it's been fantastic.  Virtually all of the problems/issues I've encountered
so far have been solved - which goes to explain why I have more questions:
I'm progressing. :-)

Thanks again all!

-Tony