aggregate cluster stats

Andrew Fant fant at vpharm.com
Mon Jan 7 10:41:25 PST 2002

I am currently running a 118 processor cluster, with bigbrother and larrd to monitor
system status and gather performance and utilization data on a node by node basis.
However, my management is now requesting aggregate statistics, and a web page
showing load, etc, across the entire cluster.

Has anybody hacked something like this themselves?  I would rather stick close to
bigbrother and larrd, just to simplify implementation, but I have been playing with
SGI's open source release of PCP, and I am not adverse to switching to another
(free) solution if it can simplify the process.

Thanks for any suggestions,
                        Andy

--
Andrew Fant           |                                 | email: fant at vrtx.com
HPC Geek              |                                 | phone: (617)444-6100