newbie, PVM setup

Andrew Shewmaker shewa at inel.gov
Thu Feb 28 10:55:38 PST 2002

Jayne,

It may be that the pam configuration for rsh is preventing authentication.
The file is probably /etc/pam.d/rsh.  The following links should help you
understand if you need to change anything (even though the last two are
for RedHat they should still apply).

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam.html

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/s1-pam-config-files.html

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/s1-pam-rexec.html