Intel Pro/1000T frames dropping&overruns

David Geldreich David.Geldreich at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Feb 27 03:52:30 PST 2002

    Hello again,

    yes you should install the latest Intel PRO/1000 driver. I am
currently using the 4.0.7 and its release notes states:

  Driver Hangs Under Heavy Traffic Loads
  --------------------------------------

  Intel is aware that previously released e1000 drivers may hang under
very
  specific types of heavy traffic loads. This version includes a
workaround
  that resets the adapter automatically if a hang condition is detected.
  This workaround ensures network traffic flow is not affected when a
hang
  occurs. Additional workarounds or a fix will be added as they become
  available.

   Hope this helps.