Tool to generate graph???

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Wed Feb 6 08:04:15 PST 2002

Geraldo,

I assume that you mean that you are doing graph-theoretic
calculations, which most likely do not involve any visually-
oriented output or storage, i.e. the data files are simply
lists of nodes and connections thereamong? If so, this seems
as if it would be a highly application-specific requirement,
e.g. you could find an extraordinarilly powerful hunk of
software that would do you absolutely no good because your
program requires graphs to be stored in an incompatible format.

That being said, a quick Google search on "graph theory software"
turns up a number of hits, an early one of which is

  http://www.math.niu.edu/~rusin/known-math/index/05CXX.html

which in turn has a bunch of links to graph theoretical software.
One link that is listed is to netlib, which is always a good
place to go rooting around for this kind of stuff.

Hope this helps,
--Bob Drzyzgula