Advice on Cluster Hardware.

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Tue Feb 5 10:24:17 PST 2002

Hi,
If you want 2 NICs, why not the Thunder K7 motherboard,
which includes already them on-board. I built and use a 9-node
using that motherboard (without SCSI) with dual-atlhon 1500+,
with GeForce3, and a very cheap switch (3com 16ports).
It works nice, with RedHat 7.2 and a little help from xCAT IBM
software to install and configure a cluster (it install
automatically Linux with kickstart, plus SSH, MPI, Myrinet GM, ...)

Luc.
renambot at cs.vu.nl