Intel 82546EB dual port gigabit and AutoNeg

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Tue Aug 27 14:40:36 PDT 2002

I've got one of those new SuperMicro P4DPE-G2 boards with dual onboard
gigabit (Intel 82546EB).  As was discussed recently, only driver versions
4.3.2 and later (4.3.15 is out now) recognize this chip.  I finally
managed to put together a bootdisk and net install this thing, but...

Has anyone had or heard of any issues with getting the onboard adapters
to actually negotiate at 1000Mbps?  I've got eth0 plugged into a gigabit
transceiver on a HP Procurve 2324 switch, and it insists on sitting at
100Mbps Full Duplex.  This is with either vanilla 2.4.18 or RedHat's
2.4.18-10 kernel, and with e1000-4.3.2 or the brand new e1000-4.3.15.  Red
Hat 7.3, btw.

Thanks.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain