Tyan Tiger 2460 (Re)

Steve Gaudet SGaudet at turbotekcomputer.com
Fri Apr 26 05:34:36 PDT 2002

Hello,

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Steve Gaudet wrote:
>
> > Has anyone reported these issues to Tyan's technical
> support?  Tyan knows
> > that their products sell very well in the Linux cluster
> market.  So not
> > addressing these issues would cause customers to look elsewhere.
>
> We filed a ticket yesterday, but AFAIK no response yet.  I've been
> snooping their website (and 3com's, and google, and anything
> else I can
> think of) trying to find some hint that this problem has been reported
> before.  It is very strange that such a complete screw up could still
> exist -- how can anybody be using Tigers in 1U or 2U cases if this
> problem is universal?  I posted here half hoping to hear somebody say
> "Ah, you need to change XXX in the bios, you idiot".  I'd even welcome
> the idiot part, if only I could get things to work.

I also submitted a ticket on this and made them aware of the list.  I'll
follow up with a call next week if I don't hear something soon.  We're also
going to do some testing here in our lab.

Cheers,

Steve Gaudet
Linux Solutions Engineer
  <(©¿©)>

| Turbotek Computer Corp.    tel:603-666-3062 ext. 21             |
| 8025 South Willow St.      fax:603-666-4519                     |
| Building 2, Unit 105       toll free:800-573-5393               |
| Manchester, NH 03103       e-mail:sgaudet at turbotekcomputer.com  |
|                            web: http://www.turbotekcomputer.com |