Intel releases C++/Fortran suite V 6.0 for Linux

Bjorn Tore Sund bjornts at mi.uib.no
Wed Apr 24 00:58:06 PDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 beowulf-request at beowulf.org wrote:
> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:29:44 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>
> To: <Beowulf at beowulf.org>
> Subject: Intel releases C++/Fortran suite V 6.0 for Linux
>

> Intel announces the release of Version 6 of the Intel(R) C++ and Fortran
> Compilers for Windows and Linux. Take advantage of performance for your
> software. Please visit our Compilers Home Page today.
>
> http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/

I've been wanting to test these out, both in the previous versions
and this, but as long as Intel are only releasing them as RedHat
rpms, they are fundamentally useless on a SuSE system.  Or at least
a lot of hassle to install.  Anyone know if Intel are going to come
to their senses and start releasing tarballs, or am I going to have
to go through that hassle?

Bjørn
--
Bjørn Tore Sund         Phone:  (+47) 555-84894      Stupidity is like a
System administrator    Fax:    (+47) 555-89672      fractal; universal and