cooling

Robert B Heckendorn heckendo at cs.uidaho.edu
Tue Apr 23 17:41:35 PDT 2002

We are looking at the facilities issues in installing a beowulf on the
order of 500 nodes.  What facilities is telling us is that it is going
to almost cost us more to buy the cooling for the machine than to buy
machine itself.  How are people making the air conditioning for their
machines affordable?  Have we miscalculated the HVAC loads?  Are we
being over charged?

thanks for any guidance.

--
| Robert Heckendorn                        | We may not be the only
| heckendo at cs.uidaho.edu                   | species on the planet but
| http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/~heckendo       | we sure do act like it.
| CS Dept, University of Idaho             |
| Moscow, Idaho, USA   83844-1010          |