Dual Xeon Clusters

Abhishek sinha aby_sinha at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 18:18:16 PDT 2002

Hi list members,

I am building a dual Xeon 4-node cluster; My understanding of
hyperthreading leaves me to conclusion that it depends largely on the
code to benefit from it. Otherwise in many cases the performance can
become worse than before using a hyperthreaded Xeon processors. My
question is ; Are there any benchmarks available for the benchmarking of
the Xeon processors in hyperthreaded mode ? Will the normal benchmarks
that we use ..work on these systems and would it give a fair glance at
the power of the Xeon .? If not what other way can i find the
performance of Xeon processors in a clustered env.

I am using 2.2 Ghz Xeon processors on an E7500 chipset.

Thanks in advance to all

Abhishek