CD from "Building Linux Cluster"

Greg Lindahl lindahl at keyresearch.com
Sun Apr 14 17:50:47 PDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 06:57:36PM -0700, Eric Chiu wrote:

> Has anyone set up a cluster using the CD from Spector's book
> "Building Linux Clusters" (O'Reilly)?

I sat in an airport line for an hour once with a woman who knew
Spector. So she asked me what I thought of the book, and you guys know
me well enough to know how good of a spin I put on my answer: "Well,
he seemed to have a clue about high availability, but the Beowulf
section was pretty crappy."

It turns out that he's well aware of that, and was egged on to write a
"complete" book by the editors. Ah well, it's a shame no matter how it
happened.

greg