Linux cluster in commercial office?

Kevin V. online_hpc at tticluster.com
Thu Sep 27 08:04:21 PDT 2001

Brian wrote:

> Each PC would still have to function as a terminal (office apps and the
> ability to run processes on the unix machines) but use the free CPU time
> to run simulations.  Is there any implementation of clustering software
> for this?

Take a look at Condor. It does exactly that. We've used it on our linux
and MSWindows machines together. If you install Cygwin on your windows
machines, you can run your linux apps on your either your linux or windows
machines during idle cpu cycles. Here are the links.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/
http://www.cygwin.com/

Also if you need extra highspeed CPU's where you only pay per hour of
usage, checkout http://www.tsunamictechnologies.com

    Online and On Demand HPC
      Pay per Use CPU Time
  www.tsunamictechnologies.com