rlogin to client node "connection refused"

shakir ali shakir_ali_us at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 20:43:40 PDT 2001

I have a problem in setting "rlogin" for Beowulf
Cluster running Linux 6.2 . I have set the server node
and client nodes to private network.

Also i have set the files /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts.deny for server and client nodes.

When i try to run mpi programs, it says
connection to client node refused, i checked and found
out that rlogin from "client node to server node"
works, but rlogin from "server node to client node"
does not work.

Any suggestions to solve this problem will be
appreciated.

Shakir.