FNN vs GigabitEther & Myrinet

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Thu Oct 25 09:18:54 PDT 2001

Donald Becker wrote:

> GAMMA to be widely adopted -- we could put the proper hooks into the
> drivers.  But that's a large effort that would be a resource and
> financial drain, without any associated revenue.

Well, if your product can provide, for a medium/large panel of
Ethernet and GigE NICs, low latency and OS-Bypass protocols (socket+MPI),
the market for Ethernet based clusters is definitively yours.

Now, can it be a source of substancial revenue ? Not simple
if the soft is completely open-source.

Patrick