CCL:Help. Cluster or multiprocessor PC? (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Oct 2 07:36:21 PDT 2001

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 07:32:05 +0000
From: Viviane du Lac <viviane_du_lac at hotmail.com>
To: chemistry at ccl.net
Subject: CCL:Help. Cluster or multiprocessor PC?

Hello,
In our lab, we are trying to start some theoretical calculations about
reactivity (mainly the location of transition states) of organic and
organometallic molecules. We intend to use programs as Gaussian and/or
GAMESS, and only two or three people are going to submit their jobs to the
machine. The problem we face is what kind of machine to buy. Whith a budget
of about 1000 USD we were thinking about a four processor PC, but some told
us that maybe a small cluster would be better.
I would really thank any piece of advice on the subject.

Thank you,

Olalla Nieto
viviane_du_lac at hotmail.com

Descargue GRATUITAMENTE MSN Explorer en http://explorer.msn.es/intl.asp

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
CHEMISTRY at ccl.net -- To Everybody  | CHEMISTRY-REQUEST at ccl.net -- To Admins
MAILSERV at ccl.net -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
CHEMISTRY-SEARCH at ccl.net -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: jkl at osc.edu