ethernet switch recommendation?

Jarrod Smith jsmith at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
Thu May 31 08:43:47 PDT 2001

I'm sorry to post such a question here, but I'm getting no advice (good or
bad) from the folks around here :)

I need a 24-port switch with a reasonable backplane fabric that is
preferably rack-mountable.  I'm interested in getting two of them and trying
to use channel bonding on a 17-node cluster.  We're using the supermicro
1610H, and it has dual Intel NICs onboard.

I've looked at the Cisco catalyst 2924XL, but at $1300, I'm not sure it's
the most economical solution that will get me what I need, which is fairly
basic I think.

I look forward to hearing some of your suggestions.

--
Jarrod A. Smith
Research Asst. Professor, Biochemistry

jsmith at structbio.vanderbilt.edu