Scyld, local access to nodes, and master node as compute node

Brian C Merrell brian at patriot.net
Fri May 25 08:45:02 PDT 2001

To be honest, I agree that this would be the way to go.  But they have
fairly specific requirements.  Also, they want to use the PGI CDK because
of its fortran 90 compiler.  This presents a problem since the PGI stuff
(v 3.1) won't install on the Scyld nodes.  Also, I don't seem to be able
to install any PVM stuff and have it work with the Scyld nodes, although
I've only been tinkering with that so far.  I've started installing a mix
of full nodes and partial (Scyld) nodes to see how I can resolve my
issues, since I would prefer to use the scyld stuff too (the BProc stuff
is pretty slick).  I expect two more days of hard work and maybe a few
hours on top of that of little things.  (BTW, I'm doing this on contract :)

Thanks for everyone's help.  Hope to have either a successful report soon,
but if not then just more questions. :)

-brian

--
Brian C. Merrell      P a t r i o t  N e t      Systems Staff
brian at patriot.net    http://www.patriot.net    (703) 277-7737