RH7.1 question.

alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Thu May 24 13:51:24 PDT 2001

hi GSBCP

yes.... xinetd.d is a mess...

turn off all of them thingies....
	you have to explicitly say "disable = yes" in each file
	in /etc/xinetd.d/*   to turn that service off

	- make a set of changes...tar it up and copy it to
	the other servers...

from www.linux-Sec.net/harden.gwif.html, ( middle of the page )
you can find xinetd tutorials/info:

  http://www.macsecurity.org/resources/xinetd/tutorial.shtml