Node power supply

MAHRF at de.ibm.com MAHRF at de.ibm.com
Wed May 23 01:11:39 PDT 2001

Hey, thanks.
It's just that it's difficult to find a cheap but also reliable casing with
a good power supply of higher quality. I decided to play it safe and invest
a bit more and buy a brand casing with 300W.
Because usually you can't find the -real- specs of a power supply of what
performance it offers at which current and so on.
I don't want to make a big deal of it, it's not for production but I don't
want to save money in the wrong place.

Ferdinand

|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          Joel Jaeggli       |
|        |          <joelja at darkwing.uo|
|        |          regon.edu>         |
|        |                             |
|        |          22.05.01 18:34     |
|        |          Please respond to  |
|        |          Joel Jaeggli       |
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------|
  |      To:     Ferdinand Mahr/Germany/IBM at IBMDE             |
  |      cc:     beowulf at beowulf.org                          |
  |      Subject:     Re: Node power supply                   |

the rating for the powersupply is the peak load it can handle not how much
it will actually draw, a 300watt powersupply with a shouldn't draw any more
than a 250 under the same load...

that being said amd hasn't certifed any powersupply rated under 300watts
for the 1.3ghz athlons...

http://www1.amd.com/athlon/npower/index/1,1712,,00.html

joelja