Kickstart/DHCP

Sam Pottle pottle at lunabase.org
Tue May 22 21:56:03 PDT 2001

I have a question about using (Redhat 7.0) Kickstart to do the automagical
headless install on my compute nodes.  The boxes have two NICs apiece (for
eventual channelbonding purposes), and when a node kickstarts off the floppy,
the first thing it does is to ask which device to install from (eth0/eth1),
at which point the installation stops dead because I'm not there to answer.

How can I get the installer not to ask this question?  This happens before
any DHCP request is made, so putting things in the kickstart file (which is
located on the head node) won't help, as the installer hasn't seen it yet.

					Sam Pottle
					pottle at lunabase.org