1U P4 Systems

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Mon May 21 14:11:16 PDT 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 04:53:48PM -0400, Josip Loncaric wrote:

> Except for the P4/1.4 1U RackSaver link posted by Tim...  However,
> cooling a 1U case concerns me.  The RackSaver RS-1100 claims to have 6
> small case fans (> 40 cfm total), and a 250W ATX12V power supply.  I
> understand the need to be space efficient, but I'd feel more confident
> about cooling with larger cases...

There's an existing example for people wondering about that: 1U single
cpu alphas. No, it's not normal, but it has been solved by those other
guys, at a bit higher wattage.

-- g

[ I'm not counting the 1U API CS20 dual alpha until they've been in
the field in enough numbers that we know the cooling works ;-) ]