Problem with va-systemimager

Jon Tegner Jon.Tegner at wiglaf.se
Mon May 14 11:45:22 PDT 2001

Are about to set up a cluster and figured systemimager would be a good
way (have used kickstart previously - is there a consensus of which
method is "best"?). However, when testing on a fresh system Partition
Magic detects some kind of error:

"Partition Magic has detected an error 116 on the partition starting at
sector 17157420 at disk 1. The starting LBA value is 17157420 and the
CHS value is 16450559. The LBA and the CHS values must be equal,
Partition Magic has verified that the LBA value is correct."

Partition Magic can even fix this error, but I don't want to to load in
Partition Magic on all nodes (would take too long time), so I was
wondering if there is another easy way to fix this problem, or
preventing it from occurring in the first place (nothing seems to be
wrong when I make the image).

Regards,

/jon