Athalon clusters

Art Edwards edwards at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
Thu May 10 14:37:42 PDT 2001

I am building an athlon cluster and, I think I have met with initial,
trivial success. I had reported that the install had hung at the very
end of the installation. On rebooting, however, the system appears to be
all there. In addition, I have successfully built the slave nodes so that
they show up on the beostatus tool. Now, if one is running athlon cpu's with
more than 64M of RAM, one normally has to tell the kernel how much memory
there is using an append command in LILO. This worked on the master node.
When I look at the beostatus lines for each slave node the memory indicates
52/62M making me very nervous. Here are the short questions.

1. What does the memory line actually erport in beostatus? Is it total memory
on the node?

2. How do I propagate the kernel parameter mem=XXXM onto the slave nodes? I
have already tried adding to the append line in the confg file on the slave
node boot disk. This led to a kernel panic (not a pretty site.)

Any insight would be apprecitated.

Art Edwards