Scyld and root directory

Jag agrajag at linuxpower.org
Thu May 10 06:58:47 PDT 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Bruno Barberi Gnecco wrote:

> 	How do I write in the / directory of a Scyld client? I need at
> least some symbolic links (such as usr->rootfs/usr).

Why are you wanting this symlink?  Once the bproc daemon on the slave
chroot's to /rootfs, there really isn't any way to access the real / as
all the jobs that get propegated over there use /rootfs as their /.
If the node came up all the way, there's no way to access the real / for
reading or writing, so I don't see what good this would do you.

If you're trying to start up something before the chroot happens, I
suggest you do it after.  It'll save you the headache of trying to make
both / and /rootfs a sane root to run your programs in.

Jag