Running FDTD (Finite Difference Time Domain) with beowulf

Irwan Hadi irwanhadi at phxby.com
Tue May 8 19:05:28 PDT 2001

I have a question, does anyone has ever run FDTD (Finite Difference Time
Domain) program under Beowulf Cluster ? FDTD program itself is for
electromagnetic computational calculation, and takes CPU power very
intensively. I wonder if we need special license to run the FDTD under beowulf
cluster if it is possible, and how much the difference of speed if we run it
under like 5 P III 933 Mhz dual Processor server (256 to 512 M Ram), and like 5 AMD Athlon 1 Ghz
single processor server (256 to 512 M Ram), compare to run it with a SUNW Ultra-1 Sparc Station
167 Mhz with 128 M bytes Ram ?

Thanks