Scyld: Beostatus dumps core

Jag agrajag at linuxpower.org
Thu May 3 11:19:04 PDT 2001

On Thu, 03 May 2001, Chetan Bhargava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using KDe right now but GNOME didn't work either... here is some system
> information...
> Here are the installed packages.
>
> (rpm -qa |grep beo)
> ldconfig-1.9.5-16.beo.1
> beoboot-1.0.6-1
> beoboot-devel-1.0.6-1
> beompi-1.0.7-1
> beompi-devel-1.0.7-1
> beosetup-1.21-1
> beostatus-1.7-1
> beowulf-doc-0.12-1
> kernel-headers-2.2.16-21.beo
> kernel-2.2.16-21.beo
> kernel-pcmcia-cs-2.2.16-21.beo
> kernel-smp-2.2.16-21.beo
> kernel-source-2.2.16-21.beo
> kernel-utils-2.2.16-21.beo
> rdate-1.0-1.beo.1
> I have installed beowulf from the Scyld Beowuld CDROM distributed by cheap
> bytes. Is there an newer version available?

Judging from the above package versions, it looks like you are using the
Scyld PREVIEW CD (27bz-6).  Scyld has also made an actual release
(27bz-7) that includes some newer software, including a 2.2.17 kernel
and a newer version of beostatus, among other things.  I recommend you
try the newer release.  The packages are available on ftp.scyld.com and
I beleive (although I'm not certain) that cheapbytes now carries 27bz-7
instead of 27bz-6.

> Thanks. :-)

No problem

Jag